"I became the medicine for my own wounds.
I became the one I was looking for." - Regina M. Sewell
Around 2004, I was bored, dissatisfied with my career/life and discovering more about who I wanted to be in the world. I was working in higher education recruitment and admissions and exposed to the pursuit of excellence through education. It energized me to reflect on my life and to challenge my thoughts and actions towards living a life more in alignment with my creative, free spirit.
I was looking for meaning and life purpose in my own pursuit of graduate education, jobs, religion, and in doing what was considered "right" culturally and by society’s standards. The more I dived into my studies in graduate school, in church, the more questions I had and the more I started acknowledging different expressions of my personality that I was hiding. I've always had a spirit of non-conformity, that difference is good, and creativity is freedom.
Realizing fear of the unknown, of the uncertain kept me conformed to a life of monotony and small thinking. I played it safe, but I wasn't "safe". I didn't feel safe in myself and in my ability to provide for me and to be happy. So in 2009, I gave myself permission to explore my expressive self. I went on a creative and spiritual journey. I set myself free to live in this uncertain space and learned to trust the energy and intuitive intelligence of my mind and body. Using my voice and speaking up for myself. Learning how to transmute my emotional pain into a trajectory of beautiful possibilities.
* Certified Professional Life Coach from the Life Coach Institute of Orange County.
* 10 years of experience in transformational and spiritual growth practices and mentorship with master spiritual teachers and healers. Expert in expanded awareness, meditation practices, clarity counseling and coaching, and joy filled healing arts practices.
* Over 10 years of academic and professional experience in higher education admissions and recruitment, academic advising at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
* Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with experience working with individuals, families, and groups. Used arts based and strengths based practices, creative movement and story sharing for healing and transformation.
* Master of Arts in Ethnomusicology. Researched and performed music and dance traditions with master teachers and culture bearers of artistic practices from West Africa, Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti.